Saturday, May 07, 2005

Example
Futurefunk Sessions 2nd Anniversary
@ Lucky Cat, Williamsburg Brooklyn
Playlist
Roger & The Gypsies – Pass the Hatchet Pt1 (Seven B) Meters – Cardova (Josie LP) Lou Courtney – Hot Butter N All (Hurdy Gurdy) David Batiste & The Gladiators – Funky Soul Pt1 (Instant) Mickey & The Soul Generation – Iron Leg (Maxwell) Brown Brothers of Soul - Cholo (Specialty) Willie West – Fair Child (Josie) Ann Sexton – You’re Losing Me (Seventy Seven) Billy Butler – I’ll Bet You (Brunswick) Soul Runners – Chittlin’ Salad Pt 1 (MoSoul) Lee Dorsey – Give It Up (Amy) Chris Jones – I’m The Man (Goodie Train) Brothers of Hope – Nickol Nickol (Gamble) Georgie Woods – Potato Salad Pt1 (Fat Back) NY Jets – The Funky Chicken (Tamboo) Radors – Finger Licking Chicken (Yew) James K Nine – Live It Up (Federal) Roy Ward – Horse With a Freeze Pt1 (SevenB) Chuck Carbo – Can I Be Your Squeeze (Canyon) Brother Jack McDuff – Hunk of Funk (Blue Note) Tony Newman – Soul Thing (Parrot) Village Callers – Hector (Rampart) Lou Courtney – Hey Joyce (Popside) Ray Barretto – Hard Hands (Fania) Interpretations – Jason Pew Mosso Pt1 (Jubilee) Mr Jamo – Shake What You Brought With You Pt1 (SSS Intl) Fantastic Johnny C – Let’s Do It Together (Kama Sutra) Eddie Bo – Hook and Sling Pt1 (Scram) Explosions – Hip Drop Pt1 (Gold Cup) Louis Chachere – The Hen Pt1 (Paula) Andre Brasseur – The Duck (Palette) Bill Doggett – Honky Tonk Popcorn (King) Art Butler – Soul Brother (Epic) Dyna Might – Borracho (Uni) Lyn Collins – Think (About It) (People) Herb Johnson Settlement – Damn F’Aint (Toxsan reissue)
Hoctor – Cissy Strut (Hoctor)
Many thanks to Sascha at Futurefunk Sessions, and DJ Prestige.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dan Phillips said...

Sorry I missed this!

5/08/2005 01:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn! I check this blog every day and live ONE block from the lucky cat and totally missed the announcement in your blog. Had no idea you were a NYer. DAMN. So hard to find good soul dancing here. playlist looks hot, keep on KEEPIN ON

5/10/2005 10:03:00 AM  
Blogger Larry Grogan said...

Actually I'm a NJer, but close enough. I suspect I may be back at Lucky Cat sometime in the future, and I'll make sure I post it here when I am (maybe with a little more advance notice next time).

5/10/2005 10:48:00 AM  
Blogger Larry Grogan said...

I just realized I forgot to list a track from the last 10 minutes of the set. Please to add, Manu Dibango - "Weya" (Fiesta)

5/10/2005 04:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web page hit counter