Monday, June 20, 2005

BANDWIDTH?!?!?

Greetings... This past weekend, this blog experienced a sudden, shocking increase in popularity* that caused upwards of 10GB of my allotted bandwidth to be sucked dry, putting me over my limit. As a result (mainly an emergency stopgap) I've removed the older sound files and reduced the sampling size of the current posting (still sounds OK though...). Because of the problem, I purchased some more bandwidth and will be monitoring traffic closely to see what I can do to keep things running here without my account getting suspended. If you are inclined to help, you can click on the "Make A Donation" button on the right side and send some money my way (via Paypal) to help out (it would of course be greatly appreciated). Thanks (and sorry for the inconvenience). Larry *UPDATE: Thanks to a reader who hepped me to the fact that the ole Funky16Corners blog got a mention on BoingBoing.net, which would explain the sucking chest wound-like loss of bandwidth over the weekend.

6 Comments:

Blogger EB said...

Congratulations on getting boing boinged. The phrase "catastrophic success" comes to mind.

6/20/2005 10:15:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha. Yeah, I saw you linked on Boing Boing, and I thought, "Are the good times over?"

Thanks for all the great music. Hope my little donation helps. Let us know if you're still in the red. This is my favorite music blog, and I couldn't live without it.

6/20/2005 11:09:00 AM  
Blogger Larry Grogan said...

AHAA!!! Boing Boing! I knew it had to be something.
Thanks for the donations!

6/20/2005 11:26:00 AM  
Blogger The Stepfather of Soul said...

Ah, the perils of popularity! I hope my small donation helps ... keep up the good work!

6/20/2005 12:04:00 PM  
Blogger Larry Grogan said...

MrBaliHai
No problem whatsoever. Don't give it another thought. I guess I'm happy to find out that people are reading the blog and checking out the tunes.
Thanks again to those that have donated. It is much appreciated.
Larry

6/20/2005 12:08:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was boing-boinged earlier this year... I exceeded a 100GB bandwidth limit in 2 days.

It's all good, though. keep up the good work!

(PS - you can link to me at www.bolenmusic.com if'n you want... after reading the BB.net post, I went ahead and added you to my blogroll)

6/21/2005 01:10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web page hit counter