Thursday, September 01, 2005

New Orleans Needs Help

Example
Example
I hardly know where to start with this. The tragedy of Hurricane Katrina left devastation across the Gulf Coast, but nowhere worse than the Crescent City, New Orleans, LA. For all intents and purposes the city has been destroyed and it's entire population displaced.
Those that have followed my web zine and this blog know I have a special love for the music of New Orleans, and aside from the obvious and horrifying human loss of this disaster I can only wonder at how much of that musical heritage (some of the most important in our nations history) is now lost forever.
It's going to take along time and a lot of money to get New Orleans back to its old self, but the most important thing is making sure that the people are taken care of. The need for shelter, food, medical supplies and treatment is first and foremost, and a donation to the American Red Cross will help in that effort.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need to check if I can donate on that link/site from overseas (Europe).

Actually that's what Visa cards are for, too, eh?!

I'll try it.

Dominik

9/01/2005 11:04:00 AM  
Blogger Larry Grogan said...

I believe that as of this morning both Fats (rescued by boat) and Irma Thomas (fled to Baton Rouge) are both accounted for.

9/02/2005 11:01:00 AM  
Blogger Todd Lucas said...

Yeah, thank goodness it looks like both Fats and Irma are safe.

9/02/2005 11:16:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked you Blog so much,so i also wanted to show you some good resourses on the net.
Learn to earn 90000$/Month
For which you may also see my Personal Website
Here.
and for a Personal Education Career Tools
free Study Database.
This site is for seeing the
Hifi Electronics.
And this is for
World Class Gadgets

Please Check out my new Free Softwares WebsiteAll Free Softwares

12/31/2005 02:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web page hit counter